Saturday, November 1, 2008

Vacation

We spent 1 week in San Diego. It was alot of fun. JJ lost his cell phone the first day we were there at Wal-Mart. The guy called us and told us he had his phone. But he never called us again and wouldn't return our calls. So I guess you could say he stole JJ's phone. What a nice person. I'm sure he sold it within a day. We went with my parents, which worked out very well in Disneyland so JJ and I could ride some of the rides. Josh saw the ocean for the 1st time and cried when the water washed up on his toes.I'm hoping that will change one day since I love the beach. We spent the day in La Jolla walking around the beach and going to the Temple. It is so pretty there. We went to Old Town San Diego which was alot of fun. We checked out the Zoo for the 1st time in San Diego. Josh loved the orangutans and cried when we left them. The Zoo was good but I recommend the bus tour if you want to go or better yet just check out the Hogle Zoo and spend an extra day at Disneyland. Seaworld was alot of fun. I think Josh thought they were the weirdest dogs he had ever seen. He Woofs as at all the animals at Seaworld. We ended our trip at Disneyland. Disneyland was all decorated for Halloween it was really cute. We went to California Adventureland for our first time. We didn't have enough time to see it all but we liked what we did see. The hotel we stayed in Disneyland was being remodeled so we woke up to loud banging above our room early in the morning. Everyone thought it was funny because I was the one who picked the motel. It was pretty much a disaster for a place to stay the A/C didn't work and the lights flickered. We terrorized Josh on The Pirates and Roger Rabbit ride. But he loved the Characters! Go Figure! The weather was perfect! I love San Diego. It was nice to get away but it is always nice to be back home. Say what you want about Happy Valley. But I love it where I live. No constant smell of cigarettes, It does not take me 2 hours to go 20 miles, and I know my way around here!

Click to play San Diego/Disney 2008
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

Denette said...

It is so nice to get away. We all need a break sometimes.

Nate, Heidi, and Isabelle said...

How fun! San Diego is beautiful. Josh looked like he really enjoyed it!